Thursday, July 2, 2015

DISAPPEARING ACT: BAN Photos Mysteriously Vanish

Image via i-am-bored.com.

Entire archive of photos posted on BlackArtistNews site disappear without a trace

BlackArtistNews | July 2, 2015

A few days ago, I noticed that every image ever posted on the BlackArtistNews blog just -- poof! -- disappeared. 

I have no idea what happened but all of my attempts to resolve this issue have been exhausted.

It would be a major task to re-insert all of the images previously posted and -- honestly -- it’s not a project I want to take on. It’s easier to just move forward. It’s what I would do if I lost my job or the building I live in burned down. Instead of being angry or upset, I would accept the loss, mourn it and move on.

And that’s what I’ve decided to do. This response is in keeping with my intent on sharing information that’s current. The “old” content isn’t that relevant to me -- especially now since the posts don’t have visual references.

I’m intrigued (and unafraid) of the possibility of creating something fresh and enticing here.

Over the next few months, I will delete a number of previous posts, but I will also re-insert images in posts that I feel should remain in the ethers of the internet. 

But for now, I’m going to keep it moving. Forward that is.



No comments:

Post a Comment