Sunday, August 7, 2011

POSE: Mr. and Mrs. Radcliffe Bailey / UPTOWN magazine / June-July 2011

Victoria Rowell and Radcliffe Bailey chilling in front of Bailey's work Cerebral Cavern.

CAPTURED BY RONDA RACHA PENRICE | PHOTO BY DEREK BLANKS

The June/July 2011 issue of UPTOWN magazine features a one page article titled "Radcliffe Bailey Breaks Through" where his wife actress Victoria Rowell "grills the star artist on his work, talent, and ever-increasing popularity." 


INTERVIEW EXCERPT:
VICTORIA ROWELL: What is your impression of the art world today?
RADCLIFFE BAILEY: I don't look to find an impression. My world is my kids, my wife, my parents, my brother, and my friends. The art world is fiction.
ROWELL: Is it open enough?
BAILEY: Uh, it's about as open as the back door.
ROWELL: Is the perception that it's closed and stuffy true?
BAILEY: Sure, but great humanitarians also exist in that world. What we think of art and the art world should not be based on other people's realities.


Read more in the June/July 2011 issue of UPTOWN magazine available on newsstands now!


No comments:

Post a Comment