Tuesday, March 18, 2014

ON VIEW: Pamella Allen

Pamella Allen, Me Mandala, 2014, Acrylic, sand and mixed media on canvas, 31 x 46 inches. Image via tablarasagallery.com. 
Brooklyn-based artist Pamella Allen’s mixed media work Me Mandela is featured in the exhibit OBESSION on view February 5 – March 23, 2014 at the Tabla Rasa Gallery in Brooklyn, New York.

Pamella Allen artist statement:
To create my Mandals, I incorporate my own archetypal images by making reproductions of a selection of my most personal intuitive ink and charcoal drawings (created over the past 20 years) and in effect; re-painting them into the body of the mandala to create a rhythm or a mantra with an inevitable message. In my effort to mirror the ritual and therapeutic uses of the mandala in Buddhist, Hindu and Native American cultures throughout the centuries; I use my own archetypal images, the motion of repetitive form, the written word, color and texture to create a place of “One~ness” for meditation, expression and actualization within the confines of “the perfect circle” to mirror the beauty of the Supernova~ after its devastating explosion.


Ms. Allen will facilitate an artist talk at Tabla Rasa Gallery on Sunday, March 23, 2014.  Click here for more details.






No comments:

Post a Comment