Sunday, February 26, 2012

MUSE: Erica Abi Wright (born February 26, 1971)

Erykah Badu photographed by Nabil Elderkin for Oyster magazine.

"I'm sure a lot of things I've done have been misunderstood, but I don't see it that way, because the whole purpose of art is to create dialogue. If you create the dialogue, whether it's pro-something or against it, it doesn't really make a difference as long as it gets people thinking and talking and wanting to create their own pieces of art, and wanting to protect or stand against it. Art cannot be censored in any way. So, I don't think of it in terms of being misunderstood, I think of it in terms of creating dialogue, and if does that, then we're doing our job as artists. I think art has many layers; you can pull back one or pull back many."
--Erykah Badu


No comments:

Post a Comment